What you’ll learn
Professional Wedding Officiant Certification Course
- Ceremony Types
- 8 Key Ceremony Components
- Common Ceremony Rituals
Working With the Couple
- Making a good first impression
- Maximizing the consultation
- Optimizing the follow-up phase
- Questionnaire for the couple
- Officiant timeline
Writing the Ceremony
- Writing a first-rate first draft
- Ring exchange
- Closing remarks
- Pronouncement and first kiss
Revising the Script
- Stage directions
- Flow and transitioning
- The script revision phase
Preparing and Rehearsing
- Best practices of officiating
- Dealing with officiant stage fright
- Coordinating with others
- Running a rehearsal
- Avoiding ceremony disasters
Delivering the Ceremony
- Dressing for the occasion
- Making the ceremony seamless
- Audio equipment and other essentials
- Tips for calming your nerves
- Final checklist/embarrassment avoider
The Marriage License
- Marriage License 101 (the basics)
- Completing the license
- Quick wedding license reference sheet
Growing Your Officiant Business
- Getting started in the officiating business
- Building your officiant portfolio
- Rates, fees, and contracts
- Out-of-state and destination weddings
- Self-care and avoiding officiant burnout
- Minister biography writing guide
- Sample contract and invoice
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is AMM’s Professional Wedding Officiant Certification Course valuable for officiants at every experience level?
It sure is! Experienced ministers acquire the skills to take officiating to their peak level. Ministers preparing to officiate their first wedding gain the confidence and competence to nail it.
How many hours will I realistically need to complete the course?
Time required to complete our course varies by participant, but in most cases, the range runs between 7 and 14 hours in total.
You mentioned quizzes in each unit. How long do they take?
Each quiz is designed to be completed in just 5 to 10 minutes. It’s a short timespan to help lock in your learning.
By completing this course, am I permitted to tell prospects I received Professional Wedding Officiant Certification from American Marriage Ministries?
Absolutely! Brag about that fact in person, on the web, over the phone, or anywhere else. Use your certification liberally to sell yourself as an officiant.
What technology do I need to take this course?
A computer (Windows or iOS), tablet, or smartphone with a high-speed internet connection is all you need to participate in this web-based training program.
Does this course come with a guarantee?
Yep. You can try this course for one full week at absolutely no risk. If you’re not completely delighted with it for any reason, go here and we’ll give you a full refund, no questions asked.